We have exciting news about the special fundraising dinner and silent auction for
Hariharananda Balashram on September 28th:
A generous benefactor has stepped forward to match your contributions up To $25k
This means your contributions, including your $40 dinner ticket will now be doubled in size and your generosity will go twice as far in supporting these beautiful children. We urge you to take part even if you cannot attend this event. Please don’t miss this opportunity to double the impact you can make toward supporting these kids.
I hope you are all doing well. I am writing regarding an event I am hosting called “Sweety and Her Friends.” This banquet-style fundraiser will raise scholarship money for the bright and talented children at the Hariharananda Balashram School. The Balashram is a residential school for economically disadvantaged children in Orissa, India.
- Hariharananda Balashram was founded in order to save orphaned and semi-orphaned children from a life of unimaginable hardship in an area of India plagued by cyclones, drought, deforestation, famine, and flooding.
- Today, through the love and support of many, almost 500 children are being raised in this extraordinary environment.
- Rescued from the harsh grip of illiteracy, these children are now fluent in three languages and are also proficient in Sanskrit.
- They are scoring higher than India’s government standards for education in all academic areas.
- They are trained in music and dance, art, sports, animal husbandry and organic farming methods — as well as actively participate in local community services.
- They are raised in a non-materialistic environment that is steeped in spiritual philosophy and desire little materially but strive to serve others.
- They are poised to excel in advanced vocational training and professional education if the funding is available.
- The school is quickly approaching a critical crossroad. The children of Standard 10 will graduate in April 2014 and they need funding for further education. While they are brimming with potential and dreams of helping their communities, they require university degrees and career training to ensure powerful results. Your contributions can help make their dreams a reality.
Tickets are $40 per person and I will hold them for pick up at the door. Since there are only 100 seats available, please email me email@example.com to let me know how many guests you are bringing so I can get a head count. Pay for your tickets now via PayPal link link : note your contribution for “Austin Fundraiser.”
Remember any donation made will be matched. If you can’t attend the dinner, that’s ok. Give what you can and it’ll be matched.
The event will take place on September 28 from 7 p.m.-10:30 p.m.
at the Clay Pit.
The banquet will include a three-course, vegetarian meal, live cultural performances, a silent auction, and a slideshow of the children.
It would be wonderful if you could attend the event and show your support. The more people on board to attend, the greater the positive impact it will have on the children. Your contribution will
go a long way in helping them reach their full potential. If you would also like to make an individual donation, you are welcome to do so via PayPal link note your contribution for “Austin Fundraiser.”
Feel free to email me about tickets, donations, or the event at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also checkout the Facebook page for the event. To learn more about the children and the school, check out http://handinhandusa.org. Thank you so much for your time and interest.