Click DONATE button to send money to Austin Kriya Yoga Center
Note: this button is to be used only for donations and not for payment of retreats, initiations, nor weekend intensives
Local Austin Kriya Charity
Bread Seva at Central Market Westgate: http://youtu.be/XQiwNqWSAjI
What is Bread Seva?
One of the best ways to express love for God and Gurus is through selfless service, or seva.
Every Saturday and Sunday morning, 2 members of Austin Kriya meet at Central Market South on Westgate and collect the day old bread, deliver it to E.A.T. on South Lamar (Everybody Ate Today). From there, the people from E.A.T. distribute the bread to homeless shelters and food pantry’s across Austin. The whole process takes about 1.5 hours of your time for the morning you sign up. There will always be at least 2 of your signed up for each day so no one will be doing this seva alone. Newcomers will be signed up with those who have experience in this seva so they can show you the ropes.
Here are some statistics:
- EAT Outreach has been a part of the Eternal Way ministry and the Austin community since 1998.
- Presently, we pick up bread from both Central Market stores on weekends and from the Great Harvest Bread Co. every Wednesday.
- We receive approximately $20,000 worth of commodities per month that we in turn redistribute to the community. That is nearly $250,000 a year.
- Our delivery efforts touch approximately 350 – 400 families per week that have an average family membership of 4 people. This translates into 1400 to 1600 people per week.
- We deliver to Hospice Austin, Salvation Army, Austin Children’s Shelter, Children’s Advocacy Center of Bastrop, Family Crisis Center of Bastrop, Ministry of Challenge, Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, East Austin Food Pantry, Austin Baptist Community Center….and other numerous church and shelter groups assisting needy people.
“Like water filling a pot and flowing over, love flows from one person to another. When you succeed in loving your family, love your neighbors. Love will then expand from a smaller circle to a bigger circle. Be rich in love. Do not think in terms of what you have given and what you have received in return. Love is not calculating. Love only knows how to give, and if you give you get, that is the law.” Paramahamsa Prajnanananda – Path of Love
Bob Peck, Coordinator